Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Katelyn Ciara Gill: A True Story.

My name is Katelyn Gill. I am 21 years old and have lived in Vancleave, Mississippi my entire life until just recently. I graduated from Vancleave High School with an adavanced diploma in 2009 where I was voted class favorite and class cutie twice. I was also a homecoming maid two years and was voted class secretary for three of my high school years. I just transferred to USA for the 2012 Spring semester from Misssissippi Gulf Coast Community College where I was voted as class favorite and sophomore homecoming maid just last year. I am now living here in Mobile, Alabama for the first time. I am attending USA because it is closest to my home in Mississippi, I am familiar with the area and I have many friends that live in the area. Before I moved to Mobile, I lived with my dad, mom and younger brother. I am extremely close to my family. My mother is actually who I consider to be my best friend. Living in Mobile now is going to take a lot of getting used to. It is a big transition for me.
 I want to enter into the field of education because I absolutely love children and working with them. I have never had a job where I did not work with children and I hope I always have the opportunity to work with children. I want to get my degree and teach k-second grade preferably. Children are my passion. I have always known that I wanted to work with them all of my life. I am such a child at heart that I get along best with children as well. I believe that me having such a big inner child ables me to work best with children as well. I am looking forward to finishing school and getting that career. I am ready to be in my own classroom with my own kids.

Randy Pausch on Time Management

In this very short video about time management, I learned that I am not the only person in a America that is not so terrific with managing time wisely. I learned that it is better to prioritise by doing the right things adequately instead of doing the wrong things right. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Also, that you should plan and have a to do list regardless of if it going to change in the future. Having a plan is better than not having one. This is the first I have heard of Randy Pausch, but with my time management and stress, I am thinking watching his videos is not such a bad idea at all.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are not alone if you have trouble with time management. EDM310 is full of others like you!

    Listen to Randy Pausch. His suggestions will help you.

    ReplyDelete