Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Post #8

This is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

In this post , Dr. Richard Miller discusses how reading and writing are transforming into something much, much bigger. The ways in which we all read and write is continually changing through technology. We now have the ability to do basically anything with the web. We no longer have to go drive to and sit in a library and search for books and soley use just paper and pencil for our writing assignments. We can sit in the comfort of our own homes now.

We can search pretty much anything we want or need much faster by the use of the web at the tip of our fingers. We can write papers and such by finding and reading a number of books online. There are so many different resources we have by using the web. It is basically limitless and endless. It is also constantly growing and extremely interesting as well.

Our learning of such things as technology and numerous ways to use something so broad and large as the web as anything else should never cease to grow as well. In such things we can help to not only prepare ourselves, but prepare our own students with a much better and brighter future. It is kind of scary to know that there is something out there that is already so big and is still constantly growing. We have to prepare ourselves for this type of constantly changing environment as well as our students.




Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12

A fellow student at the University of South Alabama, and former student in EDM 310: Carly Pugh posted a wonderful blog post about her own form of an EDM 310 assignment. Her assigment she too created herself was a playlist of youtube videos that basically define yourself as a teacher that you would like to be and then some. As Dr. Miller did, she used numerous approaches to different types of technology to read, write, and then create her own phenominal assignment for herself and other students. She has shown great talent and dedication already, so I truly believe she will do well in the future as a teacher as well with her own students.

Chipper Series and EDM 310 is different

The Chipper series kept a smile on my face as I watched and made me giggle out loud. Chipper is a young lady who expects the world to work out her way by breezing through it basically. She thinks she can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants throughout life and still get the outcome she wants such as easy success for basically doing nothing. Life is hard. This class is hard. Nothing gets handed to you, and you do have to work for the things you want and deserve. Too bad life doesn't work out the way Chipper thinks it ought to be. It took being a garbage person to turn her life and mind around to proper thinking and decide to get an actual education attending class, doing work, and such.

Edm for dummies is a dream I wish were real ha-ha. I would pay good money if I had it for such a book because I will admit I am constantly overwhelmed by this class. I feel so accomplished when I get things that I have never done before completely finished, but the process is mind boggling and very stressful. I have appreciated the help in the lab very much. This video made melaugh, but in all seriousness I wish it were real.

I do not really have any idea personally for a video just yet. I think a commercial might be fun and creative? I would definitely want to something comedic though because I love making other people laugh. I think laughter helps loosen up the stress causing tension.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video really makes you realize how large the need for change really is. I will admit, just learning now as a junior in college how to really utilize technology is extremely stressful and frustrating, but I believe that I would enjoy it much more if I had been taught sooner in school and actualy understood it more and better. Students should grow up with this growing change and be taught early so they aren't thrown in it and slapped in the face with something so large and confusing later on in life, such as in college when they should already know and understand it. If teachers everywhere brought this into the classroom sooner, I feel we could really get somewhere and really help our students in a way that they would enjoy it.

Scavenger Hunt 2.0

1. Classroom 2.0 is the social networking tool I found that I enjoyed. It is like a Facebook for teachers only. It is really cool and interesting. It makes you feel like you are really a part of something bigger now. It is full of interesting discussions from different people from all over the world that share the same profession and clearly love or yearn for knowledge of technology. I think being a part of this network will be a lot of help because you can always ask questions, get involved in other discussions, and stay current with what's going on with schools, learning, and technology everywhere.

3. I used a tool called Make Beliefs Comix to create my very own comic strip!

CLICK FOR MY COMIC PLEASE

5. I used a tool called Poll Everywhere to create my poll.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog. I liked how you tied in the way Carly's playlist related to Dr. Miller. I had not thought of the two having any connection; however after reading your post I reflected back and felt that you were right. We are all using technology to create new things. I do not think most of us realize how much progress we are making in this class.
    -Constance Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katelyn,

    When you do the images you need to include the alt and title tags for the images. The title tag should look like this title="source: website.com"

    Other than that, your blog post is pretty good. Just be sure to go back and check your work before you post. You had a few typos.

    ReplyDelete