Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Post # 11

Ms. Cassidy

Ms. Cassidy posted a youtube video called Little Kids....Big Potential that shows how her first grade class is using technology. Her students have their own blogs that they regularly post on and comment on others. Her class also has a classroom webpage that they can access both at school and home where they can choose what they would like to click on and learn.



Ms. Cassidy also did a Skype interview with Dr. Strange where he asked questions such as how she got started with using technology in her classroom and such. They discussed how long it took for her students to become familiar with the technology they were using and networking tools. I have a facebook account. I am now interested in checking out Flickr because I love photography, but I am not a huge fan of twitter. I think when I have my own classroom, instead of journal entries I will have my students create a blog and do blog posts instead. It will teach them better writing and communication skills and it will also teach them how to positively use technology. I look forward to the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katelyn,

    I like the fact that Mrs. Cassidy integrates technology in her classroom. Your idea for doing blog posts rather than journal entries puts a new twist on the traditional time spent documenting what students learn during class or their experiences in the classrooms, not only making it easier on yourself as a teacher to keep up with and grade the assignments but also on parents to stay up to date with their children's progress in school.

    Kellen

    ReplyDelete