Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12

Blog Post 1 Assissgnment:

Watch Maisie Lynch's Youtube video, What Do Students Expect From Teachers? . Write at least two paragraphs describing your reaction to this video. Also, read the comments and list what you as a student expect from your teachers, as well as what you wish your future students to think about or expect of you. Be sure to discuss in your blog how you plan to follow through with those expectations for yourself.

teachingpic

My Blog Post 1

After watching this video, I began thinking about how much teachers expect of us as students and wonder how often they think about what the students might wish for or expect of them in return. It is not only the students that must continue to learn, but also the teachers. I know that as a student myself, I expect respect from my teachers just as they expect respect from me. I also know that I expect to recieve the grade I deserve that depends on how much work and true effort I put into my assignments. I expect teachers to be kind, encouraging, fun and very motivational so that their students know that they are capable of anything.

I am not yet a teacher, but I feel I am working very hard to eventually get there. I am ready to dive in and have fun learning with my students. I do not want to be a dull teacher. When I thonk about a good teacher, I think about The Dead Poets Society. I want my students to have as much fun in something like a school day as they can. I am not afraid to make a fool of myself for the enjoyment of others. I enjoy making someone else smile and have fun and I plan on being the same way in the classroom. As a teacher, I plan on making an assignment such as this, the first for my students. I will have them anonymously write what they expect from me and try my hardest to reach those expectations while still allowing them to learn the best and most they can. I want to give them assignments and allow them to battle them out themselves with me motivating them throughout class and helping them when they need it. I cannot wait to be a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment